When you’re studying abroad, you have to take advantage of some of the greatest foods in all of the world, no doubt about it. Although consistently eating out at restaurants is a great experience, it gets pricey and every Euro matters when you are trying to travel and do all of the cool stuff that is out there. If you’re anything like me (I’m just like Andy Dwyer from Parks and Recreation), then you probably can’t cook much more than some pasta.
Fear not as I have listed some recipes that even the worst cooks can make while studying abroad without breaking the bank.
Kitchen tools needed:
Frying pan and oil
Sharp knife if cutting your own vegetables
Stovetop burner or hot plate, pot to cook rice
Spatula or spoon to stir vegetables
Frozen bag of assorted vegetables (you can find this at most supermarkets around the world, but you can always pick the veggies yourself)
Teriyaki or Soy sauce Optional (add chicken or beef for some additional protein)
1. Cook rice according to directions on package.
2. While the rice is cooking, add oil to frying pan and bring to medium high heat.
3. Add veggies and cook according to package. If you’re using fresh vegetables, slice them and cook on frying pan for 6-7 minutes or until slightly brown, stirring frequently.
4. Add vegetables and cooked rice together, and top with sauce.
Healthy Chicken Tacos
Who loves tacos? Everybody, that’s who. So here is an easy recipe for some healthy tacos that you can find the ingredients for at most supermarkets across Europe.
Kitchen tools needed: Frying pan and oil, sharp knife, stirring spoon
Chicken breast, cut into small pieces (or Ground beef)
Corn tortillas or flour wraps
Lettuce, shredded or chopped
Black beans (from a can is fine)
Cheese, preferably shredded (Type of cheese available will depend on what country you’re in)
1. Grill or pan fry the chicken in the frying pan until almost cooked through. Add the taco seasoning as directed on the package (might be more difficult to find in certain countries).
2. If you want to warm the beans up, you can throw them into the pan with the chicken for a minute or two.
3. Top your tacos with the rest of the available toppings. 4. Eat the delicious tacos
How could I not include the bees knees of food, the best of the best, the sultan of swat: Goddamn Pizza. While it is tempting to just grab a slice for lunch or after the clubs/bars for some drunk eats, it can be a bit pricey, so here’s a simple recipe for making your own “personal pizza” (Don’t worry if you make it a little too big, any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself).
Kitchen tools needed:
Oven, toaster oven, grill, or if you have to, a frying pan and oil
Pitas, pre-made pizza crust, or bread slices from breakfast
Any cheese or other toppings you like on your pizza
1. Lay out your “pizza crust” and spread with tomato sauce.
2. Cook your crust in your kitchen tool of choice for 2-3 minutes. Watch to make sure it doesn’t burn!
3. Take the crusts out and top them with whatever ingredients you want.
The “Hostel Hammie”
This one is a personal favorite of mine; it is cheap, easy, and not terrible for you as you’ll get some protein and veggies in there. The ingredients for this meal are cheap and easy to find and cook when you’re in your home city. If you’re traveling, check to see if your hostel serves a free breakfast. A lot of times you can smuggle some bread, ham, and cheese into the fridge so you can make something later on.
Kitchen tools needed:
Frying pan and oil, sharp knife, spatula (or get creative with what you’ve got)
2 slices of bread
Ham and cheese slices
1. Make a sandwich with all of the ingredients and throw it on the frying pan.
2. Turn over once. Welcome to some gooey goodness, with a bit of protein and veggies.
Who doesn’t like some good chicken? Good source of protein, easy to make, and easy to find. Here is a good easy recipe that is one of my favorites.
Kitchen Tools Needed: Frying pan, knife, stirring spoon
Ingredients: 2 breasts chicken (or 4 chicken thighs), 2 medium-sized onions, 2 handfuls green beans, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, handful whole or sliced almonds
- Slice the chicken and brown in a frying pan. Line a plate with kitchen towel and leave the chicken on the plate to the side.
- Fry the onions on a medium heat until soft.
- Add the green beans, chicken, soy sauce, and a drizzle of honey.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the almonds and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread, pasta, or rice. (Note You can substitute red or green peppers, sliced courgette (zucchini), or carrot for the green beans.)
After you make this meal you’re going to keep making it over and over and will be obsessed with chicken as much as my buddy The Hound from Game of Thrones.
These are just a few of the cheap and easy meals that are out there for you. From Pintrest, allrecipes.com, thefoodnetwork.com you can find many more recipes online that will work best for your taste preferences, ingredients available to you, and your cooking ability. At the end of the day all of this ends up with the best result out there: EATING. Stay hungry my friends.
What to look for in medicines online? Typically the drugs you searched for can more than one listing. Many listings, which are compiled by generic name indicate a medicine is accessible in more than one dose or in different forms, such as liquid. You can purchase medicine to treat chronic treatment of the signs of osteoarthritis or lower back hurt. Viagra which is used to treat impotence and similar states when erection is of low quality. Viagra is a remedy used to treat few upsets. What do you already know about cheap cialis 20mg online? What is the most considerable info you must discuss with you physician about ? Other question we should is . Presently more than quoter of men aged 40 to 70 reported some degree of erectile difficulties. Certain far-famed medications can mean screwing with your sex drive. Commonly the treatment options may include sexual dysfunction drugs or hormone treatments. Do not use any medication without telling your physician if you going to get pregnant during treatment.