Not far in distance, but unmistakably unique in culture, Morocco is a whole different world compared to Europe. Hike the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, visit a traditional hammam spa , get lost in the famous Marrakech souk and befriend a camel in North Africa’s gem.
1. Cycle 16 of “America’s Next Top Model” was filmed in Marrakech.
2. Morocco is situated in North Africa and is the only African country that is presently not a member of the African Union.
3. It is considered impolite to handle food with the left hand.
4. The official language of Morocco is Arabic. However, Berber (another dialect) and French are also spoken widely.
5. Moroccan cuisine is a mixture of European and African cuisine, due to its location between the two continents.
6. Moroccans are known to be some of the friendliest people around the world.
7. The national drink of Morocco is mint tea. The national dish of Morocco is couscous.
8. EVERYONE eats couscous on Fridays in Morocco.
9. If you make eye contact with someone of the opposite sex and smile, to them this is a sign that you are romantically interested in them.
10. In Sex in the City II, the market scene where Carrie meets up with old flame Aidan was filmed in the Marrakech medina.