There’s no argument that Florence is an absolutely amazing city. From the Duomo at the epicenter of the city, to Piazza Republica’s gorgeous archway and carousel, to Piazzale Michaelangelo’s breathtaking view of the city, there’s beauty around every corner in Florence, but there’s a number of other destinations only a few short hours away worth giving a look.
1. Taste of Tuscany– Tour wineries in Montepulciano and Montecino and taste some of the world’s most delicious wines, meats and cheeses. Take in breathtaking views of the Tuscan hillsides and vineyards so unbelievable that you wont even believe they’re real.
2. Cinque Terre– Explore the five towns of Cinque Terre, Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso, and see what this amazing destination has to offer. Go cliff jumping in Manarola, enjoy views of the towns on a beautiful hike through nature or chill by the beach with a Piña Colada at Monterosso’s own country music bar. If you’ll be in Florence, Cinque Terre is a cannot miss trip!
3. Venice– Visit the historic floating city of Venice. Be serenaded on a relaxing gondola ride through the cities 150 canals, visit St. Mark’s Square, home of the famous Carnevale festival, and bring home locally blown glass statues and jewelry from the island of Murano.
4. Pisa- The famous Leaning Tower of Pisa is only a short one hour train or bus away from Florence, so make sure to visit one of Italy’s most famous landmarks while you’re in Florence!
5. Siena and San Gimignano– Travel in time back to the medieval times when you visit the beautiful, historic hillside towns of Siena and San Gimignano. Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch, coupled with a tasting of delicious local wines.